Geofences (Full plan only)
The Geofencing add-on allows you to define geographical areas within which the dispatch of notifications to your app users will be automatic for native apps only.
Install it from the Add-On store by clicking on the green button « + Add ».
You have 6 geofences included with the Full plan and above*. You can buy extra geofences once you have used up your free geofences.
*Geofences are not available in the Standard plan and are not managed on PWA.
Set up a geofence
1. Go to the menu Marketing > GeoAlert > Geofences .
2. Create a geofence:
- Fill in the name you wish to give your geofence and its location by entering an address or by directly drawing a circle on the map.
- Edit the radius and move the circle around if necessary.
3. Click the Add button
Your geofence has now been set up.
You can see the name you’ve assigned to it, its radius, its address, the number of notifications sent out, and its status.
In the example below the number of notifications is 0 and the state is inactive because you haven’t yet set up a notification assigned to that geofence.
Set up a notification assigned to a geofence
1. Go to the menu Marketing > Geoalert > Notifications :
- Fill in your message
- Select an action
- Set your Notification settings
- Target your users
For more details on that subject, refer to the online help "How to use push notifications"
Geofence push are working the same way than regular push.
Define the trigger settings
1. Define when the user will receive the notification:
- Upon entering the area
- Upon exiting the area
- When dwelling in the area: you will have to define a minimum amount of presence in the area. In the example below the user will receive the notification only if he stays in the area for at least 10 minutes.
2. Define a periodicity for push notifications to be sent out :
- Any time
- During opening hours
- During specific time span
It’s also possible to arrange for the user to receive the notification on several occurrences and to define if he receives it as soon as he re-enters the area or after a certain time lapse.
3. Select a geofence from the drop-down menu you have set at step 1
4. Click "Save" below the preview
Your notification is now saved.
You can activate or deactivate it, edit the push message settings, edit the geofence and also have a look at the opening statistics.
Be careful when submitting your app to Apple
If you enable the add-on geofence, you must have at least one active geofence with a green badge before submitting your app to Apple.
It is a rejection motive to submit an app with this add-on installed but not activated.
If you're not sure yet to use this feature, remove the geofence add-on (Add-ons > Management) it must be removed completely from your add-ons, not just deactivated, then rebuild your app to submit it to Apple.
Update of the notification
If you create or update a new notification links to a Geofence, you will need to kill the app and launch it again in order to apply it.
- More articles