Add a YouTube section
To connect your YouTube channel to your GoodBarber app:
1. Go to the menu Design & Structure > Structure > Sections
2. Click "Add a Section"
To learn how to add a page on your app, we invite you to read the following Online Help: How to create sections for your app
Select the YouTube section.
Section's name & Username or Channel ID
1. Add a name to the section.
2. Fill in your Username or Channel ID.
This is the name or series of characters that appears in the URL of your YouTube channel. For instance, GoodBarber's YouTube URL is https://www.youtube.com/user/GoodBarberTV Our user name to fill in is GoodBarberTV
YouTube API Key
3. Click "NEW PROJECT"*
*If you have published the Android version of your app, you can use the same project Google Cloud Console and skip to step 3.9 below.
4. Define a Project Name
5. Select the Organization to attach to your project
6. Select its Location
7. Click Create
8. Open the project from the toolbar
9. Click "Go to API overview" or go to the left-hand menu API and services > Dashboard
10. Click "Enable APIs and Services"
11. Search for "YouTube Data API v3"
12. Click "Enable"
13. Click Credentials on the left hand menu
14. Click Create credentials > API key
15. Copy the API Key
16. Paste this API key in the field "API Key YouTube" in your GoodBarber back office, in the YouTube section settings.
Add the section
1. Click the "Add" button at the bottom of your back office page.
Your YouTube channel is now connected to your application.
- The YouTube section will only display the videos from your channel, not the comments.
- When creating filters, we manage up to 250 playlists by a YouTube channel. If you have more than 250 Playlists, they won't all be available in the drop-down menu.