GoodBarber's Online Help
Steps to create your app
Creation of your GoodBarber app
The creation and upkeep of your app are done in one interface: the back office.
The back office allows you to add content to your app, to customize the design, and to interact with your users once the app is published.
When you create your GoodBarber project and access your back office, a "Get started" onboarding menu will be available from the bottom right of your back office.
The "Get started" menu shows you how to handle the main steps of your app creation.
Each step is introduced with an explanation text, the path to access the right menu in your back office and a video tutorial.
It will help you get familiar with the platform quickly.
"Get started" menu button will become a link to GoodBarber help center when you've read it fully, or if you've published your PWA (Standard plan), or published the iOS or Android version of your app (Premium / Pro plans).
Get started menu steps:
1. Structure of your app
Your app is composed of sections. There are different sections for different types of content or different features.
This menu will show you how to add, organize, set and manage sections.
Read this online help for all details.
2. Your visual identity
This menu will show you how to:
- choose a theme, define the global style to customize the design of your app from a single menu.
- set up the header, icons and launch screen of your app
- edit the design of a specific section.
Read these online helps for all details: general design ; sections design .
3. Navigation of your app
To set the main navigation of your app, this menu will show you how to:
- choose from 5 navigation menu templates and set it
- expand the architecture of your app by adding a sub-level.
Read these online helps for all details: Navigation menu ; Customize the icons of your navigation menu
4. Home page
The Home Page is the first page your users will visit. It is made of widgets you can set and organize.
Read these online helps for all details: Home page ; Widgets available on the Home section
5. Content of your app
This menu shows you how to create content for your app, how to set categories and manage your content in batch.
Read these online helps for all details.
6. Extension Store
You can add additional features to your app, this menu shows you how to add and manage extensions.
Read this online help for all details
Once you have created your content and perfected your design, you can test your native apps using My GoodBarber app (Native offers only) or use the back office preview to test your PWA.
Progressive Web App (PWA) publication
When your app is ready:
- Go to the menu Publish > PWA > Publish
- Click "Publish my app" to start its generation.
The page Publish > PWA > Publish is your PWA dashboard.
From this page: activate or disable the PWA, see all features you can set for your PWA, access the help center, restrict access to the PWA etc.
Native Apps publication (iOS - Android)
When your app is ready:
- Go to the menu Publish > iOS or Android > Publish.
1. If a list of action to complete prior to start submitting your iOS or Android app is displayed, you need to complete it so be able to move on with your app publication.
2. Subscribe with GoodBarber.
3. Choose* from Solo mode or "GoodBarber Takes Care" (GBTC) service to publish your app to the stores and follow onscreen instructions.
The Solo mode means you are in charge of the full submission process, read the online helps for iOS and Android processes.
*If you went for a solo mode and changed your mind, you can switch to GBTC service at any time.
If you went for GBTC service but want to take over to manage it all by yourself, it is possible too.