Best practice to optimize your product page for your eCommerce
Written by Marie Pireddu on
The way you present your products is crucial, because if it’s not appealing clients will simply click away.
You want to spend time to create high converting product pages.
With GoodBarber Shopping App you will benefit from all the tools necessary to optimize your product page.
1. A Beautiful shop
When creating your products with GoodBarber, you will be able to choose between:
- Fonts and font colors
- Background colors and images
- Shape and color of action buttons
- How thumbnails, images and slideshows will be displayed etc...
2. A good product description
Your product description should address your target audience directly and include relevant keywords.
The short description should be clear and catchy. The majority of users will scan a product first and your description should catch their attention.
With the “More info block”, you can create a comprehensive list of features and their benefits. Potential clients want to know everything about their potential purchase and how this product would improve their everyday life.
Use short sentences and bullet points. Your clients want to find out what your product can do for them quickly.
Keep in mind the user will be looking at your product on a small screen, don’t make them squint their eyes. What you’re writing needs to be clear and easy to read. Typography is important. Make sure the font color is easily readable on the background.
With GoodBarber you have access to all Google fonts plus a choice of background and font colors.
3. Quality images
- All images should be of uniform size and style, reflect your brand and emphasize your product. Use original images as much as possible.
- Offer multiple images. According to a study by Shopify 33% of users prefer seeing multiple images. From your GoodBarber Shop back office, you can add up to 9 images to your product and arrange them depending on the variant you want to highlight. Make sure to show your product under different angles.
- Showing good viewable thumbnails in the search results page – this will help users find the desired product in one click and get a better idea of what you are offering. From your GoodBarber back office, you can set the focal point of your thumbnail and set the visible part of the image once cropped. The focal point sets the focus of an image, giving you control over where the image is centered.
- Add an image for each variant: if you are offering with several variants, for exemple a dress in different colors, make sure you add a picture for each variant. Nothing more frustrating for a potential client than having to guess how the product will look like.
4. Similar products
You can activate this option for each product. It is possible to display up to 4 similar products. Automatic suggestions are based on the Collections and Tags applied to your products. You can also manually select which products you want to appear.
5. Easy searchability
- Your back office to search all products
- For your clients in the Search section of your app
6. Built-in SEO
When potential clients search for your products online, you want your shop to be at the top results for that search, especially since the majority of searchers will go to the first organic result on Google.
- With your GoodBarber Shopping App each product is indexable. Thanks to Google BERT update released on October 25th, the unique details on product pages could now drive more organic search traffic with high purchase intent.
- Rich snippets: this feature allows you to preview how your meta description will appear on Google search.
7. Simple and straightforward “Add to cart” action
Keep the wording simple, this is not the time to be creative. Wording like “Buy now” or “order” are suffisant.
You should focus on these best practice to provide a better shopping experience for your clients. This can help you increase conversions and build loyalty.