The app builder software to make top design iOS & Android apps by a visual editor
Written by GoodBarber Team on
GoodBarber is the first app builder ruled by a Design System: build your apps faster, easier and better.
Full and extensible platform to build iOS and Android native apps with the best design on the market, without coding, nor technical skills: everyone can use it!
✅ Use pre-built templates or start a custom app from scratch.
✅ Build Android, iOS and PWA apps seamlessly.
✅ Create professional apps with stunning design and UX without a single line of code.
✅ Designed for for small and medium businesses, freelancers, and content creators
Turnkey development platform to cover the entire app lifecycle
Research and development
|An extensive team of international and highly skilled developers organized by technology:|
|A team of UX/UI designers is dedicated to constantly improving the CMS user interface, app templates and graphical elements. Up to 30 customizable themes and styles, GoodBarber is recognized as the best app builder for app design and style on the market.|
|The Marketing Department offers an holistic approach to deliver best Monetization features, Analytics tools, tailored acquisition strategies to enhance your Brand awareness and boost sales conversions.|
Customer Success /After Sales
|A dedicated international team, operated in 5 languages, available 24 hours/day to respond to our customers issues and troubleshooting. Collecting customers ideas and suggestions, we and our customers, we build GoodBarber mobile app development platform together. We are able to propose business solutions tailored on your needs. We assist you in Submission Process on the App Stores|
✅ What is an app builder?
An app builder is an online software tool that allows everyone to create and publish apps for mobile devices without code development. It's a turnkey solution to make mobile apps for people who don't have technical knowledge, by using a simple visual editor. So then, everyone can create their own app without outsourcing.
An app builder is a DIY tool to create mobile apps and designed for novice users with no programming skills. Therefore, it must keep easy to use and intuitive.
Based on automated tasks and routines, an app builder provides a very productive design environment to help users making their own apps without coding. Indeed, app makers are designed to perform repetitive tasks faster and accurately. In this sense, they are reckoned to be a smart technology to build mobile apps.
From a UX perspective, app builders provide a WysiWyg visual editor and Drag and Drop features helping users to visualize their app as they go, in real time. This makes it easier pushing edits and successive iterations.
An app builder is typically designed to deliver cross-platform apps allowing users to make mobile apps that work seamlessly on most operating systems available in the market. Additionally, the back-office includes built-in tools for development, testing, debugging and deployment that are workable by any developer using its own software and hardware.
Technically, app making software is hosted on a cloud platform which ensures high availability, security appliance and scalability.
GoodBarber App builder
GoodBarber is one the most acclaimed and trusted no-code app builder for mobile apps, primarily due to the high quality design and user experience offered by its apps.
Its Graphical User Interface backed by a Wysiwyg editor and Drag-and-Drop functionality makes app building easier for everyone, regardless of technical knowledges. A user-friendly CMS helps to provide apps with a personalized and smooth user experience, enabling features such as push notifications, one-click payment, QR codes and much more.
GoodBarber app builder is also reputed for its ease of use and exceptional customer support. Cloud-based platform, the app making software is always available and accessible from any type of connected device from anywhere: this allows everyone to create professional apps at anytime.
Build Native and Web apps to leverage mobile business
Choose a mobile app builder: create Native Apps and PWA without code
With GoodBarber No Code App Builder, you're able to create native apps (iOS and Android) and Progressive Web Apps seamlessly.|
Cross-platform app development aims to reduce costs by delivering a single project that will run on all operating systems. It is very common that a company wants to make a mobile app targeting as wide an audience as possible. Therefore, that business app should be ideally available on iOS, Android and Web browsers to be accessible on both Desktop and Mobile devices.
|Native apps are designed and coded specifically for each type of device and its operating system. They allow access to 100% of the capabilities and hardware resources of the device. Offering a native application to your users means offering them the best value for money for their mobile device.|
iOS AppsDesigned for Apple iPhone devices, our iOS mobile apps are developed with the native Swift and Objective-C languages for iOS, using UIKit framework.
Our iOS apps meet high quality standards required by Apple's App Store Review Guidelines:
Android AppsDesigned to work on all Android devices, our app making software delivers Android apps developed with Java and Kotlin native languages for Android, using Android Studio framework and Android SDK.
GoodBarber Android app builder ensures interoperability on all mobile devices, tablets and smartphones from all manufacturers around the world.
Moreover, GoodBarber's No-Code development platform is designed to comply with technical requirements, content and privacy policies required by Google Play Store: your app will be submitted to Play Store quickly and successfully available for downloads.
Today, Android devices (Google's mobile OS) account for nearly 80% of mobile internet!
Progressive Web Apps
|Progressive Web Apps are a cost effective way to build mobile apps. Our PWA are developed with Angular JS and designed to work with all web browsers, on all types of devices: desktop, smartphone and tablets. Their main advantage is to provide an exceptional user experience, including many features such as push notifications, offline mode and direct access, without downloading or installing any app. PWAs can be used on any device that has a supporting browser and perfectly adapts to every screen.|
Similar to native apps, they leverage native features and resources of any device. Easy to publish and to update (app stores approval is not required), PWAs allow for a faster deployment. With GoodBarber, building a PWA becomes very easy and affordable.
Your native app on App Store and Google Play
|Create a native app, submit it to the App Store and Google Play, and enjoy many advantages offered by these stores: visibility via ASO and notoriety thanks to user reviews and ratings.|
Publish your mobile apps on the biggest app stores from a single interface and take advantage of their notoriety to promote your business. Regular improvements made by our developers ensure that your mobile apps are always up to date with the latest operating systems and smartphones upgrades.
Build your app in 4 easy steps with GoodBarber:
|1. Create Your Account:||choose App name and App template|
|2. Create Content and App Design:||follow the "Get Started" step-by-step Menu in your new Back-Office|
|3. Test your app:||use "My GoodBarber" app or the back-office preview for your PWA|
|4. Submit your app to the stores:||click on "Publish my app" button|
|Test for Free:|
GoodBarber for Design: create beautiful apps
without a single line of code
- ✓ optimize creation workflow for its users
- ✓ ensure top quality design of outgoing mobile apps
App Design objectives:
- Guarantee a smooth and optimal user experience
- Ensure visual consistency between the pages of an app across different platforms.
- Streamline template customization and apps UX overall, by implementing clear and easy design principles.
What is a good App designSo, what makes an app stand out ? What factors should you focus on to make a good app design ? Here are some guidelines used by GoodBarber:
White space balancing:
Too much information can lead to confusion and a negative experience.
Finding the same spaces between elements is also a simple way to ensure visual consistency between pages. We will therefore rely on a grid to ensure alignment, which is essential for a fluid reading.
Clear Information hierarchy:
A good contrast between the different text levels contributes to the visual organization and guides the reading.
Good font and color management:
The user is invited to select a theme that they can then customize to create the visual identity of their app.
A single interface:
A powerful backend to manage all your content, products, orders, users, team members, statistics.
Create content directly from the back-office of your app, or use one of 30 available connectors to sync your content. A Wysiwyg User Interface backed by Drag and Drop functionality makes app building easy for everyone.
App design 100% customizable:
Perfect templates designed by experts to the highest standard of UX to offer your users the best mobile experience out there. Every step of the way, you can preview all the changes you make to your app design in real time.
Get started your app from a pre-built template or create a custom app from scratch: with GoodBarber, it's up to you! Our No-Code App Builder makes you build professional mobile apps with the best UX and stunning design.
Modern app makers offer several strategies and tools to their users to monetize mobile apps. GoodBarber App builder provides with advanced monetization features through a large number of extensions, customizable and actionable at will.
Choose from two monetization strategies available in your app making platform:
Advertising: AD Networks and AD Units for sale
You can make money from your app by placing different kinds of ads. GoodBarber offers you two options:
In-App Purchase has become very popular and lucrative. Among the different categories of in-app purchases, the subscription model is the most popular. Indeed, subscriptions offer benefits for both you and your users. They provide you with a recurring, reliable income as well as a more loyal and engaged audience. For your users, in-app purchase offers a great experience and added value without having to leave the app.
Integration & Automation
With the Zapier extension, you have the ability to connect your app to thousands of other online services. It's the perfect add-on to set up automations. Zapier is a no-code tool that you can use to connect apps and automate different tasks.
Choose the most versatile app builder
While opting to build an app with an app maker software has many advantages, the choice of the best platform boils down to your business rules and goals. What may be the best solution for one app may not be the ideal choice for another. So, once you've decided to go with an app builder platform, choose the one that offers multiple features, adapt to all devices and all kind of business: GoodBarber is made for you!
- Shopping apps for your eCommerce store
- White Label app reseller program
- Use Pre-built templates or build from scratch: more than 500 features to customize your app
Boost your Online Store with a Shopping app. Start eCommerce App Builder
GoodBarber is a fully functional Ecommerce App Builder, designed for mobile devices! Deliver the best Customer Experience within a Shopping app: seamless navigation, fast loading, one-click payment, push notifications.
One-Stop-Shop eCommerce development Platform:
|Online Store Management | Local Delivery + In-Store PickUp | Built-in eCommerce payment solutions|
Start your App Business. Try White Label App Builder for Resellers
|GoodBarber's App Reseller program allows you to build and sell mobiles apps easily. You are enabled to create an unlimited number of apps and publish them on the Web (PWA), on Google Play Store (Android apps) and on the App Store (iOS apps). You have access to a dedicated management interface from where you build your apps. The GoodBarber brand is hidden from the projects you create and display your brand instead.|
|White Label Apps | Unlimited apps builder | Dedicated Support & Assistance|
Over 500 features to build your own app the way you wantWhether you start building your app from scratch or using pre-built templates, with GoodBarber you'll take advantage of more than 500 features and extensions to make custom apps for iOS and Android that perfectly match your needs and ambitions. Some picks:
|Make money in your app with in-app purchases subscriptions. For an In-App purchase, the user doesn't need to create an account or fill in their billing information: the purchase is made in a simple and fast way|
|Something new with your app? Automatically notify your users. Manage different types of messages and target precise recipient groups. Schedule your notifications|
|Automatically share your WordPress website content in your app with GoodBarber Wordpress plugin. The GoodBarber Plugin for WordPress is an extension of the JSON API plugin|
|Manage your products catalog in record time. Create your catalog in one action. Include in a Excel file all your products specifications. Export your catalogue in a format that can be re-used by your partners and your apps|
|Set up your delivery zones by zip code and offer fast delivery to your local community. Take orders directly from your app: your products will be with your customers in a few hours. You will significantly increase your sales|
|Convert your Shopify store into a native app, taking care of the whole process and offering you a new sales channel available on Google Play and the App Store. With your mobile eCommerce app, users can pay with face or fingerprint recognition.|
|Convert your WooCommerce store into a mobile app. Your GoodBarber app will constantly synchronize with your WooCommerce store, and all orders received on the app will be automatically displayed on your WooCommerce back office.|
✅ Top Advantages Of Using An App Builder
- No Programming Knowledge Required: the main advantage of using an app building platform is you can make your own app, regardless of your programming skills. A good app builder makes the development process straightforward and seamlessly for users, operating through a drag and drop interface.
- Cost-Effective Solution: when you use a mobile app maker to build your own app, the app development costs are way lower than hiring a professional development team or a mobile apps development agency.
- Fast Speed To Market: With an app builder, you can get your app up and running at an accelerated pace, as the app development time is very short. However, this does not include the time it takes to publish the app to app stores, which depends on the submission process, including app store rules and policies.
- Pre-Built Architecture: Another silver lining of using app making software is the availability of pre-built architecture that can help many users create their apps in no time. A ready-made architecture providing pre-built wireframes and design can be extremely helpful in making the development process more manageable. Moreover, themes and templates often follow the best User Experience criteria in terms of navigational elements and icons, helping users have a stellar experience while on your app. Unless you are creating something incredibly unique that requires advanced features and customization coding, the architecture can reduce the time to market and help you create apps with the best UI & UX standards.
- Rapid prototyping: App builders make it easy to prototype your app, which means you can test out different ideas and features before you launch your app. This can help you avoid costly mistakes and ensure that your app is successful.
- Customer Support: many app builder platforms offer extensive customer support that can help you before and after creating an app, including stores submission process.
- Available Online, 24 hours a day, an app making software doesn't require any installation nor local technical resources
✅ Who should use an app builder ?
- You have no technical knowledge
- You are a solopreneur or a small startup
- You wish to reduce development time and costs
- You want to leverage the potential of an app maker to build your app, which would otherwise require an app development team
✅ App builders: Strengths / Weaknesses / Opportunities / Threats
Firstly, it's important to clearly identify app builder tools in the context of no-code technologies available on the market, according to their purposes and uses.
An app builder is a software tool that enables users to create mobile applications without code using a visual editor (a drag and drop interface), by moving elements on a canvas, instead of using programming languages.
App builder software is part of a broader category of software tools known as no code development platforms. These platforms allow users to build a variety of software applications, including websites, databases, forms, and connectors, without needing to write code.
No code development platforms are becoming increasingly popular as an alternative to traditional development methods which are self-programming (DIY), hiring a freelance developer, outsourcing to a professional services agency.
Mobile app development is one area where no-code development platforms are particularly useful. App builder software are tools designed specifically for a vast audience of novice users without programming skills who want to create mobile apps.
Mobile app builders are able to release both native apps and Progressive Web Apps.
Native apps are built using a programming language specific to each operating system.
Native approach allows mobile apps to use all the hardware and software resources of the mobile device on which they are installed.
Native apps are classified by operating system:
- iOS apps for Apple devices running on iOS (iPhone)
- Android apps for all devices running on Android OS, regardless of device manufacturer.
Android apps are developed using Java and Kotlin languages within Android Studio framework.
- Customization: app builders allow users to create customized applications that meet their specific needs without requiring extensive technical knowledge.
- Cost-effective: using a No Code app builder is often more cost-effective than hiring a professional app developer to create a custom app from scratch.
- Time-saving: app making software provide pre-built templates and drag-and-drop tools that allow users to create applications quickly and easily.
- User-friendly: many app builders are designed with a user-friendly interface that is easy to navigate, even for non-technical users.
- No coding required: users don't need to have coding knowledge to create an app.
- Limited functionality: an app builder may have limited functionality, which can restrict the features that users can add to their mobile applications.
- Not suitable for complex apps: an app making software may not be suitable for creating complex applications that require advanced features or customization options.
- Limited control: app maker software may not provide users with full control to customize the code or access to the app database.
- Generic design: some app builders may provide generic design templates that can make applications look similar to each other, which is not the case with GoodBarber's app builder.
- Expansion of mobile usage. With the increasing number of mobile users worldwide, app builders have an opportunity to grow their user base by providing easy-to-use mobile application development solutions.
- Emerging technologies: app builders can leverage emerging technologies like AI and machine learning to improve their functionality and provide users with more advanced features.
- Increasing demand for customized solutions: with more businesses seeking customized solutions to meet their specific needs, app builders have the opportunity to provide tailored solutions to their clients.
- Competition: the app builder market is becoming increasingly competitive, with new companies entering the market and established players expanding their offerings.
- Security concerns: some app builders may not provide the same level of security as applications developed by professionals.
- Limited scalability: some app builders may not be scalable to handle large volumes of traffic or complex applications, which can limit their use for businesses with high growth potential.
- Rapidly evolving technology: Rapidly evolving technology can make app builders outdated and irrelevant, forcing them to constantly adapt to stay relevant in the market.
✅ Best app builders for mobile apps
There are many no code development platforms for mobile apps available on the market, making it harder for users to select the right one. Therefore, we have crafted a benchmark of some of the best app builders to help you choosing the one that fit your needs and expectations.
GoodBarber assists users in creating iOS and Android apps without coding. Its app builder is easy to use and intuitive. It's a DIY tool for novice users with no programming skills that gives you access to all the features you need to create dynamic mobile apps without difficulty, using a cloud-based drag and drop editor within a WYSIWYG visual interface that eliminates the complexity of coding.
Its app making software allows you to add products, forms, widgets, Ads and your branding to your app that will be available on both iOS and Android app stores and usable from desktop, smartphone and tablet.
It also enables to complement your apps with best third-party tools to simplify the workflow, automate tasks saving precious time.
Finally, GoodBarber app builder is the best solution for anyone who wants to create professional apps with the best design, quickly and securely: everyone can use it!
To date, over 30,000 apps have been published through GoodBarber, and the number keeps growing. The platform is built in France but has expanded its roots in Portugal and the United States of America.
Moreover, GoodBarber has been reported as a highly trusted No-Code platform by many prestigious product reviews out there.
- Appy Pie (AppMakr)
Appy Pie App Maker offers a free plan that allows users to develop and test applications for personal, non-commercial use. The basic service is free, but only produces games and apps compatible with HTML 5. Key features include offline capabilities that help users access their apps even without internet connectivity, comprehensive customer support, and AWS security. It is one of the biggest app maker platforms based in the United States of America.
The BuildFire application development platform helps organizations of all kinds to create custom plugins, or use inbuilt plugins to build their mobile apps. The app-builder is interactive, and requires no coding to create apps. Buildfire is based out of the United States of America and has over 10,000 apps under its belt.
- App Institute
Based in the United Kingdom, AppInstitute is a cloud-based application development platform that offers support for Native apps. Users can create stunning applications as per their business needs without code. AppInstitute offers a drag and drop editor with multiple premium templates available for users to build mobile apps.
Andromo is mobile app builder for Android apps, but it has now ventured into the iOS space as well (still in beta). The platform helps you create apps with its long list of features, templates, and no coding skills. Andromo is still in its early stages, and based in the Netherlands.
iBuildApp is an app-building platform that helps users seamlessly create Android and iOS apps. It provides widgets for location/contact us, coupons, video, audio, pictures, RSS, Twitter/Facebook and many other features. This company is based in the United States of America.
✅ How do app builders make money?
There are distinctive pricing models available across app maker platforms. So, we have narrowed it down for you. You will find the following subscription plans:
- Monthly/Yearly Subscription: in this case, you have to pay a fixed monthly fee to retain the services of the app maker and keep your app active. This may require a one-time setup initial cost.
- One-Time Fee: some platforms charge a one-time fee and offer support for the applications created. However, this support can be for a limited time or features and may require additional payments to expand the services. Many users choose this option if they wish to operate the app without recurring payments.
- Freemium: some app builders offer basic features for free but charge a set fee or a monthly subscription for additional features or services.
- Free: some app makers offer a free to use platform, which helps users create minimalistic apps for free. However, many of them include advertisements in their apps to generate revenue.
✅ How much does it cost to build an app in 2023
Many app builders offer a pricing model where fees vary based on the number of projects, downloads, features, active users, modules, and distribution channels.
Although some platforms are cost-effective, you may need to shell out upwards of $200/month on some app makers to build and maintain an app that requires additional features and add-ons.
GoodBarber offers custom pricing solutions based on your business needs. If you need an e-commerce mobile application, you can opt for a Standard plan (35€/month) which offers features such as 1 PWA, 30 themes, payment gateway integration and more. The Premium package (€62/month) provides all the features of the Standard, plus native Android and iOS app and 20 extensions included. The PRO plan (€125/month) contains all the features of Premium, plus unlimited apps and extensions. Similar payment structures are available for classic/content apps.
GoodBarber also offers great deals for app resellers.
The Ultimate GoodBarber Guide
Discover how to create beautiful apps thanks to our eBook.