GoodBarber Shopping App: Currencies and Payment gateways
Written by Marie Pireddu on
We'll cover in this article the different payment options offered by GoodBarber and their availability depending on your location.
But first, a little reminder....
What are payment gateways
1. They make the checkout process fast and easy.
The average rate of shopping cart abandonment is around 70%. Mainly due to long or complicated checkout. If your checkout process puts barriers in the way of making a purchase, you will likely lose sales.
With payment gateways, checkout becomes faster and intuitive, helping your conversion.
2. They provide a secure way to keep clients' information.
The threat of identity theft means that every online transaction a customer makes requires trust. You have to make sure that the sensitive information they provide you is secured.
Since online payment gateways specialize in processing financial information, they have the proper encryption and safety features to keep your clients’ information safe.
Why Offer Multiple Online Payment Methods?
With the growing popularity of services like PayPal, Square, and Apple Pay, customers are increasingly able to checkout on a variety of apps without having to spend time adding all their payment and address information for each purchase. Instead, they only have to log into an account they use regularly, and in many cases may not even have to do that. For example, GoodBarber Shopping Apps have integrated login, your customers identify themselves only once. Then, they are immediately recognized each time the application is launched.,
This creates a more seamless and convenient experience for them—especially on mobile, where a growing number of online purchases are taking place.
According to a Bayard study, 19% of shoppers abandoned a cart because they didn’t trust the site with their card information. And another 8% directly said there weren’t enough payment options.
By adding additional online payment options, you could convert those lost shoppers. And if you add the payment methods your target audience prefers, you could even increase your conversion rate even further.
- Stripe allows you to get paid with all major cards from customers around the world on the web or in mobile apps. It operates in 25 countries
By activating Stripe in your shop, your clients will be able to:
- pay their orders by credit cards
- pay their orders by Apple Pay . For people who use Apple devices Apple Pay works as a mobile wallet and a one-click payment option on websites that accept it. For mobile users, customers can even check out with Apple Pay by using their touch identification—it doesn’t get much easier than that.
- safely register their credit cards on their profile to enable One-Click purchase.
To be able to use Stripe in your shop, you must have a Stripe account
- PayPal is a worldwide real-time payment solution. It is one of the major payment networks used for online shopping on eCommerce sites.
- Mercado Pago: Mercado Pago is an Argentina-based digital payment platform available to consumers and businesses exclusively in Latin America. Since its launch, Mercado Pago has been rolled out across the region in eight key countries: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Peru, Uruguay, and Venezuela.
- Offline Payment: if online payment is not for you (you don’t want to deal with setting up an account with the different gateways, they are not available in your country or you don’t want to pay additional fees on your transactions), then this is the best solution for your shop. With the offline payment add-on, you are free to set up payment outside the app in a way that fits your needs (Cash-on-delivery, bank transfer etc..)
Currencies and payment options available on GoodBarber Shopping apps by location
Europe: Stripe, Paypal & Offline payment
- CHF: Swiss franc
- DKK: Danish Krone
- GBP: British Pound
- NOK: Norwegian Krone
- PLN: Zloty
- RON: Leu
- RUB: Russian Rubble (Stripe not available)
- SEK: Swedish Krone
- TRY: Turkish lira
Asia / Pacific : PayPal, Offline payment , Stripe
- AUD: Australian Dollar
- HKD: Hong Kong Dollar
- INR: Indian Rupee (Stripe not available)
- JPY: Yen
- NZD: New Zealand Dollar
- PHP: Philipines Peso (Stripe not available)
- SGP: Singapore Dollar
- THB: Thai Baht (Stripe not available)
North America: Stripe, PayPal, Offline payment
- USD: US Dollar
- CAD: Canadian Dollar
- CUC & CUP: Peso Cubano
- MXN: Mexican Peso (Mercado Pago available)
- PNB: Balboa
- CRC: Colones
- NIO: Cordoba
- HNL: Lempira
- GTQ: Quetzal Guatemalteco
South America: Mercado Pago, PayPal, Offline payment
- ARS: Peso Argentino
- BOB: Bolivaro (Mercado Pago not available)
- BRL: Brazilian Real
- CLF: Unidad de Formento (Stripe not available)
- CLP: Peso Chileno
- COP: Peso Colombiano
- DOP: Peso Dominicano (Mercado Pago not available)
- PEN: Soles
- PYG: Guarani (Mercado Pago not available)
- UXU: Peso Uruguayo
- VEF: Bolivar Fuerte (Mercado Pago not available)
- VES (not available on Stripe): Bolivar Soberario
MAD: Maroccan Dihram
Middle East: Paypal, offline payment
ILS: Israeli New Shekel
Note: The list of currencies available on GoodBArber SHopping Apps is constantly evolving. Don't hesitate to let us know if you don't see your country's currency.