It may seem banal to point out now, but you should never again go without an app!
Much less trivial is this list of things that shouldn’t be missing from your food app:
- About yourself: The user wants to know who is behind the stove, they want to trust you! Above all, food means home and if you are able to manage it well you can create a long term engagement with your readers.
- Section dedicated to recipes: I suggest, as I said before, to highlight your photos, selecting a template such as Minimal, provided by GoodBarber. Plus, do not forget to enable the search engine to help your users b between all your juicy ideas.
- Organize by category: Here it depends on you! To facilitate and enhance the user experience, I recommend you create a logical division between appetizers, main courses, side dishes and desserts; you can either create different sections or use filters, if allowed by the source of your content.
- Video and Images: Reaffirming the concept that you should also please the eye, it's essential to add at least one image section, and if you have it, a YouTube channel with all your cooking video recipes or tutorials.
- Helpful: Last but not least, a Favorites section and a Submit section. The Favorites section will allow users to save the recipes that they like the most and find them easily. The section Submit will allow them to send their contributions, recipes and feedbacks. And do not forget to enable comments and sharing options; they will help you to get more traffic and new users.