GoodBarber's Online Help
iOS - Verification before submitting the app to Apple
Wether you choose to submit your application by yourself or GoodBarber to submit it for you, you will need to make sure it complies with Apple's rules and more precisely the App Store Review guidelines .
Here is a checklist of everything you should verify before submitting your app for Apple's review or applying for GoodBarber's review process.
This will help your app getting published faster on the App Store.
For more information about the iOS submission process, please read this Online Help .
App content and design
Warning: An incomplete application will be automatically rejected by Apple.
When you apply for GoodBarber's or Apple's review, the app must be finalized as if it was ready to be distributed to your final users:
No empty section or empty categories.
Pay a special attention to the following elements:
-There must be no mentions of Google/Android or other competitors of Apple, including pictures of devices belonging to other brands and redirections to their websites.
If your events are over when the app is reviewed, the section will show as empty and Apple's review team may think it's a bug.
- Number of sections and interactivity: We recommend at least 5 sections of native content (for example, CMS sections...) and 2 sections where the final user can actively interact with the app (for example, a form...).
- Internal and external links: All the link of the app must be working, dead links are rejection motive. Make sure none of your links give an error.
- Links allowing users to make donations must open outside of the app, in the phone's browser.
To open a link out of the app, use a Click-Tosection and add "? GbOpenExternal = 1" at the end of the URL, like so: "https://www.yoururl.com?gbOpenExternal=1"
For more information about opening links in an external browser, refer to this Online Help .
- Back arrow: The back arrow must be clearly visible or Apple's review team may think there is a bug.
Make sure to use a color that contrasts with the background color for your back arrow.
Check the color and/or shape of your arrow from Design & Structure > Design > General Design :: Logo & Title , activate the Advanced tab (top right button in this menu).
Configuration of the extensions
- Authentication extension:
1/ Create a test user to allow the review team to test your application. Do NOT call this test user "Test". Give it a real name, as if it was a real user.
To create a test user, go to Community > User list , click on Add User (top right button) and use an email address as login.
Note: If you have activated the User groups extension, add your test user to all the groups you have created.
If your app doesn't include significant account-based features (for example, a membership to a program the app is made for), it should be accessible without login.
If you fully close the app or sections of the app, with no possibility to sign up, you should be able to prove to Apple that the whole app (or even some sections) is part of a service purchased out of the app.
3/ Account sign-up shouldn't be mandatory if the app is fully closed. The user shouldn't have to provide personal information in exchange for accessing the app.
For more information about the Authentication extension, read this Online Help .
1/ You must have at least one active tag. You can verify this from the menu Notification > Geoalert > Geofences .
2/ Background location:
Background location can be activated on the following page: Settings > Compilation settings
Note: Location services and Background location are a different things. Location services are used to display your position on a map or target push notifications, while background location is only used with Geofencing.
If background location is activated:
- Add the following sentence at the end of your app's App Store description: "Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life."
- If GoodBarber is taking care of the publication of your app, specify in the brief the reason why geolocation in background is necessary.
Note that Apple forbids its use for marketing purposes. You should have a valid reason to use this functionality. (For example, if your app is made to warn the user about disasters, accidents, areas to avoid etc...)
For more information about the Geofence extension, read this Online Help .
- Beacon extension:
You must have at least one active UUID. You can verify this from the menu Notification > Geoalert > iBeacons .
For more information about the Beacon extension, read this Online Help .
Back office > General settings menu
Depending on the content you have added to your app, you may have to run extra verifications:
- Contact email:
You can modify your contact email from the following page: Settings > App information
Don't use a Gmail, Yahoo or Hotmail contact email address.
Automatic emails sent from these addresses are often blocked. Some automatic emails may not be correctly received by all your users.
- Audio Playback:
Audio Playback (background audio mode) should be enabled if you have any Sound or Live audio section. You can check this on the following page: Settings > Compilation settings
Warning: If you decide to disable all Sound and Live sections, you must first disable the Audio Playback option.
"GoodBarber takes care" information form
When GoodBarber takes care of the publication for you, you are required to fill a form with all the information about your app.
Pay a particular attention to the elements listed in the following online help: iOS - Review and publication of a new iOS app by GoodBarber
After the brief has been submitted, a ticket will be generated in the Support .
A dialogue box will also be opened in the Publish > iOS App > Publish menu.
The Review Team will contact you within 1 business day in the support ticket to tell you if adjustments need to be made in your app to improve its compliance with Apple's guidelines.
- iOS - Build fail troubleshooting guide
- iOS - Verification before submitting the app to Apple
- iOS - IPA file upload error messages
- iOS - Apple warning emails
- Android - Trouble testing the ad hoc version
- Android - AAB Upload failed and warning messages on Google Play
- Android - Send Google Play a document proving intellectual property
- Android - Google Play error "APK not zip aligned"