GoodBarber's Online Help
Create discount codes
If you wish to create discounts via a promo code to be applied upon payment , follow the steps below.
Attention, if you prefer to create a discounted price on the product, follow this online help instead
To create a discount :
1. Click "Discounts list " in the left swipe menu Marketing > Discounts
2. Click the green button "Create a discount"
You are now on the creation page. Fill out all the fields.
The discount code correspond to the information your client will need to provide to apply the discount.
- Fill in the field yourself with the desired code for your discount
- Click "Generate a code" to randomly provide a code to your discount.
Attention, each code must be unique. It is not possible to reuse an existing code for a new discount. By using the generator, you are sure the code is always unique.
Name your discount
You need to name your discount.
The name is only visible from the back office, it will be hidden to your clients. Use this name to insert info that will help you track your discount campaigns.
To give a name to your discount, fill in the field "Name"
Type of discount
Two types of discounts are available :
- Fixed amount:
You decide of the amount to be taken off the price.
Ex: I decide to offer a $5 discount.When my clients use their discount $5 will be deducted from the price they have to pay
A percentage will be used to calculate the amount of the discount.
Ex: I decide to apply a 10% discount on the order total. My clients add products to their cart fro a total amount of $200. they use the discount code, $20 will be deducted from the price they have to pay.
Once you've decide on the type of discount you wish to use:
1. Click on the desired discount
2. Fill out the amount or percentage desired
Set the conditions for your discount
4 options are available:
Rule #1. Total amount
The discount will be applied on the entirety of the order, no matter what the client orders.
Rule #2. Specific product
The discount will only be applied to a specific product. You can select the product from the dropdown menu dedicated to this option.
Rule #3. One or more collections
The discount will only be applied to products belonging to one or more collections.
When you select this option, a dropdown menu will appear to select the collection(s).
You must create your collections first in order to use this option.
Refer to this online help to create collections.
Rule #4. One or more tags
The discount will only be applied to products containing the chosen tag (s).
When you choose this option, a new menu appears allowing you to choose the tag (s) on which the discount will apply.
You must first add tags to your products.
Refer to this online help to add tags.
Set the validity dates of your discount
In this part you must set the start date and the end date of your discount.
1. Select the date and time that mark the beginning of the validity of your discount
Option A: Your discount has no expiry date:
2.A. Select "None"
Option B: Your discount has an expiry date:
2.B. Select "Specific Date"
3.B Select the date and time of your discount. After this date, your discount will not work anymore.
By activating the "local time" button, the start date and expiration date of your discount will take into account the different time zones in which your customers are located.
Warning: when you enable this option, the start date and / or expiration date of your discount must be at least 24 hours longer than the date on which you create the discount. If this is not the case, your will not be able to save your discount.
Limitations of use of your discount
You can limit the use of your discount.
If you do not want to limit the use of your discount:
1. Click on "Everyone". Clients, Leads and Guests will be able to use your discount.
2. Fill in the maximum number of times you can use the discount, which is the number of times you can use the total discount code in your store.
Warning: by using this option, you will not be able to limit the use of the discount code to a single use per user.
If you want to limit the use of your discount to your clients and leads only:
1. Click on "Clients and Leads".
2. Enter the maximum number of uses for the discount.
3. Choose whether or not to limit the use of the discount to a single use per user.
If you wish to authorize your reduction only to a specific number of clients and / or leads:
1. Click on "Specific Clients and Leads".
2. Select the clients and / or leads eligible for this discount.
3. Enter the maximum number of uses for the discount.
4. Choose whether or not to limit the use of the reduction to a single use per user.
Define the conditions of use of your discount
You can set conditions for using your discount. There are 3 conditions.
- Select "None" to not apply a usage condition
- Select "Order amount" if you want the discount to be used depending on the amount of the order.
- Fill in the minimum price and the maximum price of the order amount. If the amount of the order is within this range, then the discount may be used.
- Select "Minimum quantity of products" if you want the discount to be used only from a certain number of products purchased.
- Then fill in the desired quantity.
Once all these parameters have been entered:
- Click on the green button at the bottom right entitled "Add this discount" to finalize the creation of your discount.