GoodBarber's Online Help
iOS - Replace a published app with your new GoodBarber app
Before you begin the update process
1. Read about the prerequisites in the general online help on how to publish your new GoodBarber app as an update of your existing app .
2. Follow the instructions provided in the online help to get the Bundle ID and Version number of your existing app.
Once this is done, go to iOS App > Publish and select your preferred publication mode: Solo or GoodBarber Takes Care(GBTC).
Update your existing app using GoodBarber Takes Care (GBTC)
2. Select "Update"
3. Fill the form and send it.
A support ticket will be generated automatically so the Review Team can verify that:
- The bundle ID and version number provided in the form match those of the existing app in App Store Connect.
- The developer account is compliant with Apple's guidelines and belongs to the person or entity who owns the app/owns the content of the app.
If anything is missing, the team will let you know in the verification ticket and will ask you to fix it.
If everything is correct, a new support ticket dedicated to the publication process will be generated.
The team will then use it to communicate with you until the app is published.
Update your existing app Solo - Compilation of the new app
On the first screen, select "Update" and go to the Next step.
- Create a new Distribution Certificate
1. At step 2.1, select "Create a new distribution certificate" and go to the Next step.
2. Continue to step 2.2 and download the .csr file provided in the back office
3. In a new tab of your browser, go to your Apple Developer Account > Certificates, Identifiers and Profiles > Certificates
4. Create a new certificate by following the instructions from steps 2.3 to 2.4 in the back office.
5. Upload the new Distribution Certificate at step 2.5 in your back office and go to the Next Step.
- Register your existing App ID and version number
1. At step 3.1, decide whether or not to activate Universal Links.
2. At step 3.2, provide the version number of your existing iOS app, and its Bundle ID (= the App ID).
3. In your Apple Developer Account > Certificates, Identifiers and Profiles > Identifiers , select your existing App ID and check the capabilities for:
- Push notifications (mandatory)
- Associated domains (only if you choose to activate Universal Links is activated)
- Apple Pay Payment Processing (only if you choose to activate Apple Pay)
- Decide whether to activate Apple Pay
If you choose to activate Apple Pay, follow the process at step 4 .
If you choose not to activate it, go straight to step 5.
- Create a new Push Certificate
4. Scroll down to the Push Notifications capability. The box should be checked.
5. Click the button configure (if there is no associated push certificate), or edit (if there is an associated push certificate) on the line.
6. Under Production SSL certificate, delete any existing certificate, then click "Create certificate" (don't worry, the certificate you revoke will be replaced almost immediately).
7. Upload the .csr file to generate and download the new Push Certificate.
8. Upload the new Push Certificate at step 4.6 .
- Create or Update the Provisioning Profile
1. In your Apple Developer account go to Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles > Profiles
2. Select the App Store Mobile Provision file of your app or Create a new one.
3. Make sure the Distribution Certificate and App ID are the same as in Publish > iOS App > Certificates (the Distribution Certificate should have the same expiration date).
4. Save the App Store Mobile Provision file and download it.
5. Upload it at step 5.4 .
- Click the button to build your iOS app.
Update your existing app Solo - Upload and test in App Store Connect
Once the app is compiled, you will be able to download the .ipa file and submit your app to App Store Connect as an update of your existing app.
The process to update an app in App Store Connect is described in this online help .
Once the new version of your app has been uploaded, you will also be able to test it with TestFlight .
In case of an error message on Transporter
In case you don't manage to upload your app after completing all these steps correctly, a manual intervention from us may be necessary.
In this case, please contact the support and provide the error message you are getting on Transporter.
- iOS - Create an Apple Developer account (Mandatory)
- iOS - Compile your native iOS app
- iOS - Publish the app in App Store Connect
- iOS - Update your app in App Store Connect
- iOS - Update the certificates
- iOS - Replace a published app with your new GoodBarber app
- iOS - Get the bundle ID and version number of the existing iOS app
- iOS - Publication timeframe