When setting ads to be displayed on your native apps, you have the option of displaying Interstitial ads.
In this online help, we describe the behavior of the interstitial ads when using AdMob , Google Ad manager and GoodBarber AdServer .
Where are the Interstitial ads managed?
Interstitial ads are shown when clicking an item in a list page of your app, or a content item in a widget on the home page.
Interstitial ads are managed only in the cases below when there is a list page:
- Home page : when clicking on a content item in a widget — article, photo, video, event, podcast, map
- Article section : when clicking on an article in the section list page
- Video section : when clicking on a video in the section list page
- Photo section : when clicking on a photo in the section list page
- Event section : when clicking on an event in the section list page
- Podcast section : when clicking on a podcast in the section list page
- Map section : when clicking on a map item in the section list page or on the map
When are the Interstitial ads displayed?
The interstitial ads are not shown every time the user performs an action.
3 Actions in between the list page/widget and an item page are needed to display the Interstitial ads.
- User goes back to the list page and opens an article page. He does this 3 times: interstitial ad is shown
- User enters an article and swipes 3 articles; interstitial ad is not shown
The counter resets every time the app is completely closed on the device, or every 24 hours.