Register and choose an app
1. Go to the AdMob registration page
2. Click "Login with your Google account" or create one if you do not have one already. You can then follow their instructions.
3. Click in the left menu Apps > Add app
4. Click Yes or No to the question "Have you published your app on Google Play or the App Store?"
5. Fill in the name of your app
6. Select a platform: Android or iOS
7. Click "Add"
Create Ad Unit
After you enter the name and choose the platform, a page will open to inform you that your application has been added to AdMob.
1. Click "Next: Create Ad Unit"
Select the ad format
1. Select the ad format in between:
- Banner: ads will be displayed in the list view pages, when viewing an article page or in a ad widget on the home page.
- Interstitial: Interstitial ads are shown when clicking an item in a list page of your app, or a content item in a widget on the home page. For more details, please refer to this online help .
- App Open: App open ads are a special ad format intended for publishers wishing to monetize their app load screens. App open ads can be closed by your users at any time. App open ads are shown when users launch your app*.
*Users need to launch your app at least once to display App open ads from the next times they bring your app to the foreground.
Note: Ads widgets set on your home page can only display Banner format ads (Interstitial or App Open formats are not displayed in an ad widget on the home page).
2. Name your Ad
3. Click "Create Ad Unit"
4. Copy the "Ad unit ID"
5. Click "Done"
Back to your back office GoodBarber
1. Activate the "External Advertising Networks" add-on from the menu Extension Store > All Extensions
Refer to this online help: Monetize the app with third party advertising services | Native app
2. Go to the menu Monetization > Advertising > External service
3. Select the platform tab (depending on your plan)
4. Set the corresponding button to ON.
5. Paste the Ad Unit copied at step 3.4 above in the corresponding field
6. Click the "Save" button.
Repeat these steps for each of the platforms you would like to advertise on.
See an example below where we set App open ads for iPhones on iOS:
Update your modifications
1. Go to the menu Publish > iOS App or Android App > Update
2. Click the green button "Update" in order for the configuration to be implemented in your apps.