iOS - Update the app on the store (App Store Connect) (Solo Mode)
Before updating your app on the App Store, please read this online help to verify that it is really necessary to send a new version of your app to Apple (certain modifications can be updated just from the back office).
If it is indeed necessary, read on!
Please also make sure that you have done all the necessary verification to your app.
Get the new IPA file
1. Click on “Publish”
2. Click on “iOS” in “Publication”
3. Build your application
4. Click on “Submit my application”.
5. Click on “Yes, submit to the stores!”
6. Download the .ipa file
7. Click on “Next”
Log in to your App Store Connect account
1. Log in to https://appstoreconnect.apple.com/ .
2. Select your application in the menu "My apps"
3. Click the current version of your app under the form "App iOS 1.0 "
A pop-up window appears.
4. Click "+" next to “App iOS”
5. Fill in the version number* of the update
*if you are unsure, verify the version number in the menu Sales channel > iOS app > Publish in your back office.
This version number must always be higher than the one currently published on the App Store.
6. Choose “iOS”.
Upload your new ipa with Transporter
1. Log in to Transporter (If you don't already have it installed, download it here ).
2. Click "Add App" and select the .ipa file you downloaded onto your computer. You can also drag and drop the .ipa file.
3. Continue until Transporter informs you the file has been successfully uploaded.
Register the new build on App Store Connect
Once Apple allows it:
1. Click the "+" sign in the Build section
2. Select the .ipa that you just sent, and add it.
Note: if you get an error message while loading your .ipa file, read this online help so you know how to proceed.
Complete the necessary validation forms
1. Respond to the different questions Apple will ask as follows:
- Does this app use an IDFA: Yes
- This app uses the advertising Identifier to: Select "Attribute this app installation to a previously served advertisement"
- Limit Ad Tracking setting in iOS: Select this option.
If needed, modify the metadata of your app
If you want to, you can modify the screenshots for each format supported by your application.
You can also modify your application's name, description, key words, etc.
Note: This can only be edited when you update your app on the store! Make sure to get all the metadata right!
Status of your application on App Store Connect "Waiting for review"
As soon as your application has the status "Waiting for review," Apple will inform you of each status change via email.
The average waiting period for the application to be available on the store (which is the status "Ready for sale") is about 3 days (this delay depends on the Apple review team, not on GoodBarber).
- More articles