iOS - Review and submission process of a new iOS app
The iOS version of your application is built and published by GoodBarber, under your own Apple developer account.
In order to make sure your project complies with the App Store guidelines, our team will carry out a thorough assessment of it before getting started with the submission process.
This step is mandatory before any submission to the App Store. It implies manual human intervention and is therefore billed at $290 / 290 €* for 4 submissions (initial submission + 3 updates).
*Reseller fee costs $99/ 99€ for every new app submitted to the App store.
Verification made by GoodBarber
1. Make sure the Apple Developer account belongs to the owner/creator of the app content , especially if the app is created by a reseller (if an app is created for a client, the client must own the Apple Developer account ).
Request an iOS review
1. Go to the menu Sales Channel > iOS App > Publish .
2. Click on “Get Started with the iOS review process”
3. Choose "New app”*
4. Fill in the brief and click "Send the brief" at the bottom of the page
This will generate a ticket to the Support.
You can follow the conversation from the icon on the bottom right of the screen, or directly in the Support ticket .
*If you choose Update, it means you want to replace an app that is already published in the App Store .
General recommendations about the brief
- Be as descriptive as possible in the descriptions (the features of the app, what the app is for, why the app will be useful to future users…) both for the App Store and for the GB Review Team.
- Don’t describe your app as a product targeted to a limited audience. The App Store is meant to distribute your app to a large number of users and your description should make it appealing to a large user base.
- Make sure to answer ALL the questions of each field and write in English when it’s required.
- Make sure the rating matches the actual content of the app.
Evaluation of your app
1. Once you've asked for your iOS review, our team typically answers within 3 business days.
2. If your app doesn’t yet meet Apple's requirements, we'll provide general advice to help you improve it before allowing the submission.
3. When your app looks good enough to be submitted to Apple, the team will let you proceed to the next step.
You'll be notified in the support ticket dedicated to your iOS app review.
Once the Review Team has accepted the review, you can subscribe to the iOS Premium Offer and pay the Review Fee.
1. Go to the menu Sales Channel > iOS App > Publish
Premium Yearly subscribers: the review fee is waived.
Premium Monthly subscribers: the review fee costs $290 (one-time fee) per app.
Resellers: the review fee costs $99 (one-time fee) per app.
- If you already have a Yearly Full subscription, you will pay the prorated amount until the end of the current subscription period.
- If you already have a Monthly Full subscription, you will pay the new price for the Premium plan at the next scheduled payment date.
- If you are a reseller, the general subscription plan doesn’t change. However, the review fee ($99) is due for each new app reviewed by the GB Review Team.
Test of the iOS app
Test of the native iOS app
1. Create an Apple Developer Account if you do not have one yet. (See this online help )
2. Fill in the form in the menu Sales Channel > iOS App > Publish
If you wish to set Apple Pay, make sure to follow the onscreen instructions within the form and upload your .csr file to your back office.
3. Click "Next" at the bottom of the form
That will generate a new ticket to our team.
4. Our team will verify if the owner of the account is the final owner of the app and/or the content (4.2.6 compliance ).
5. When the account is approved, we will create the certificates and compile your app.
The team will inform you in the support when the app is being compiled. You will receive an email when your app is ready.
If you have set Apple Pay at step 6.2 above, we will provide you a file to add to your Stripe account in the menu Sales Channel > iOS App > Publish
6. To test your app, follow the instructions to download the Ad Hoc file and test the iOS native app on your registered device(s).
7. Click on Continue when the app is ready to be submitted to Apple's App Store.
To edit the app before its submission to Apple
1. Click on the "Contact us" button. We will unlock the backend for you so you can make the necessary changes.
We will quickly review your app again (to make sure it is still compliant with Apple’s guidelines) and rebuild it for you.
Publication of the app
When your app is ready to be submitted to Apple, click on Continue.
We will take care of everything and inform you in the Support when the app has been submitted to Apple.
Apple usually takes about 3 business days to notify you about their decision.
They will send you an email at every step of their review process, so keep an eye on your mailbox in the meantime.
If Apple rejects the app
Apple will contact the owner of the Developer Account by email regarding the rejection.
Rejections are common on the first submission attempt, but our team is here to help you get your app eventually approved.
In case of a rejection, Contact our support team and provide the following elements:
- A copy of Apple's message in the support ticket
After the initial publication
Updates of the app (after the initial publication) do not require a new review.
We will take care of the submission process for you as long as you have submission credits (additional submission credits can also be purchased - $50 for 10 credits).
When you want to send an updated version of your app to Apple:
- Request a new compilation
- Test your app
- Validate, so we receive the new submission request.
- More articles