Written by Jerome Granados on Sunday 14 March 2021
App builders are great tools to use when you want to create by yourself your app. There are many kind of app builders. Some of them answer developers needs, others are for non-developers.
In this article, we are going to focus on app makers for non-developers. Here are 6 questions you should ask yourself when it comes to choose such a tool to create your app .
Written by Marie Pireddu on Thursday 11 March 2021
Having a beautifully designed app is imperative to attract and retain users. This is why you chose to create your app with GoodBarber in the first place ;)
Everything in our app builder has been designed to offer the best UI and user experience out there: from the look of the icons, buttons to the features themselves.
But we understand that sometimes you may not find a design or color palette that matches your existing brand or reflect the look and feel you want to give your mobile app.
Our design team has put together a list of their 5 favorite free design resources to help you achieve what you're looking for.
Written by Mathieu Fancello on Tuesday 9 March 2021
This month we introduce 3 new features for your Shopping Apps that will be useful for you regardless of the type of shop you own:
- A Public API that will allow you to easily connect your app to third-party services.
- The Developer add-on is now available for your Shopping Apps allowing you to access hidden settings to customize your app even more.
- Advanced tax management allowing you to manage your taxes according to two new criteria: the type of product sold and not only by countries but also by region
You will find below a summary of the improvements and updates made during the month of February 2021:
Written by Marie Pireddu on Monday 8 March 2021
The latest update for this feature is the Sleep Mode., allowing your listeners to set a timer to shut down the live.
Written by Christophe Spinetti on Friday 5 March 2021
Whether you do sales in person, over the phone, or via email, you are regularly confronted with objections from your leads or clients. There are, of course, some basic rules to follow when dealing with objections. But our goal is above all to give you points specific to selling apps.
What are the most common objections:
1/ "it's too expensive" or "it's not the right time to invest"
2/ "I don't have time to take care of it"
3/ " I already have a mobile website"
4/ " it will never work"
What are the basic rules for responding to objections?
- Don't snap or respond in a hurry. On the contrary, stay open and accept criticism. Don't take your clients' objections personally. Take your time before answering, it could make the situation worse.
- Consider remarks as requests for information. Ask your clients questions, ask them to clarify their thoughts. Better yet, ask them what solution they could bring to the problem, what their point of view is. You're there to listen to your clients and you're interested in their opinion. The goal here is to make your client feel valued and that their opinion matters. Even if you don't have an immediate solution.
- Finally, deal with the objection anyway. You've been open to their request, you've asked for clarification and for their opinion. But you can't walk away. Either you don't have an immediate answer to give them and in this case, come back to them quickly (and do it systematically, whatever the answer, it's important). Either you develop your points according to all the details you obtained at the beginning of the discussion.
Written by Marie Pireddu on Thursday 4 March 2021
If you have a GoodBarber Shopping App, you already know that until now, you could set up your tax rates for countries that were parts of your shipping zones.
Thanks to your feedback, we have now added advanced settings allowing you to manage your tax rates by products and per region in addition to the global country rate.
Indeed, Tax rules vary depending on countries and are often broken down in a different set of rules depending on regions or states within a given country.
Different taxes will also apply to different products.
With the advanced settings, you can now configure your taxes very precisely.
Note: If your shop is located in the US or Canada, this does not apply. Taxes are already managed accurately by TaxJar. This new option is for our clients located in the rest of the world and more specifically Europe.
Written by Ghjuvan Simeoni on Friday 26 February 2021
Today, we're presenting you a new Agency, working with GoodBarber. And for that, we crossed seas and ocean to meet an Australian Reseller!
The App Match is an Australian company that helps experts and opinion leaders spread their messages around the world through mobile applications. We wanted to ask Jarrod Robinson, head of the Agency, a few questions. The goal? To gather his point of view on the sector and share his experience as a reseller of mobile applications using GoodBarber.
Written by Christophe Spinetti on Friday 19 February 2021
Once your Reseller account is launched, you need to focus on selling apps. We know that sometime you already have clients thanks to other activities, but at some points, you will have to start looking for new clients. Our marketing team is here to help you realize your projects and make you a successful reseller.
Written by Muriel Santoni on Monday 15 February 2021
A few days ago, we were talking about the new consumption habits that have emerged as a result of the health crisis of 2020, and their impact on the restaurant industry. As you know, this is not the only sector of activity that has had to adapt and today we'll be looking into local shops. If some of these businesses have been able to remain open throughout the health crisis, they have nevertheless had to adapt their services in order to offer their customers as much comfort and safety as possible.
Today we're going to use the case of the app of a local grocery store that uses functionalities that will be very useful if you wish to develop the activity of your own local shop.
Written by Marie Pireddu on Tuesday 9 February 2021
A common mistake among mobile app owners is to leave the marketing side of their project to the end or at least to when the app development is well advanced. And this generally leads to failure.
With the number of available apps for download from the world’s leading app stores totaling over four million, the competition to get users’ attention is tough.
Having a beautiful, well-designed app won't be enough if you don't have a well-thought marketing strategy from the day you put your app idea in production.
In this article, we'll cover the three stages of a mobile app marketing strategy and the metrics to measure to drive long-term success
Written by Christophe Spinetti on Friday 5 February 2021
As a Reseller GoodBarber, you can create as many apps as you want. These apps can be published on the web (Progressive Web Apps), Android, and iOS. We know that sometimes you have difficulties publishing your clients' apps on the App Store. Nevertheless, publishing an app on iOS is a real added value for your clients. As a mobile expert, you need to know how to publish an app on the App Store.
The GoodBarber team will assist you throughout the process. We've also explained in this blog all the steps to create an Apple Developer Account and the steps to publish an app on the App Store. We remind you that each new app sent to the App Store with GoodBarber has been checked beforehand by our teams.
But when you're a Reseller, you're not the owner of the "Developer" account, your client who has to be. So you can sometimes find yourself stuck. So here are some tips to make it easier for your clients to create an account, and consequently make the process of publishing iOS apps more fluid.
Written by Mathieu Fancello on Thursday 4 February 2021
To start off the year, we are pleased to introduce a new feature that will delight owners of Shopping Apps: Time Slots! This new add-on allows you to give your clients the possibility to choose time slots for their local delivery or in-store pick-up.
Don't wait to try this new add-on that will allow you to:
- Increase customer satisfaction by allowing them to choose when to receive their order.
- Manage your prep time by limiting the number of orders per day and per time slot.
- Build loyalty and increase recurring orders by meeting delivery expectations and providing excellent customer service.