Written by Mathieu Fancello on Tuesday 2 April 2013
- The progress bar on the status bar is removed temporarily
- Add of a red bubble indicating the number of comments in detail page of Article section
- It's now possible to add a custom CSS in detail page of Sound / Podcast section (Settings API)
- Bug fix : Visual bug fix on download button in Sound / Podcast sections
- Bug fix : Downloaded podcasts are now correctly played
- Bug fix : Podcasts from iTunes are now played correctly
- Bug fix : Text and photos submissions are now sent correctly
- Bug fix : The Off page of Live radio sections is now scrollable
- Bug fix : InApp web browser no longer opens when you click on an outgoing link (iTunes, maps, ...)
- Bug fix : The Youtube videos in Facebook sections are now played correctly
- Bug fix : The text size bug in Facebook section is now fixed
- Bug fix : The callback error in photo submission is now fixed
Written by Jerome Granados on Friday 29 March 2013
In this Friday talk, we discuss about some improvements added thanks to user feedbacks.
We present the new features in the live section and the ability to archive a design.
Written by Mathieu Fancello on Tuesday 26 March 2013
- it's now possible to set a time frame during which a live audio section is available
- Bug fix : The double ads problem in MobPartner banners is fixed.
- Bug fix : The font change in Article details views is now recorded.
- Bug fix : The instability in the Photo section with template 3 is now fixed.
- Bug fix : The color problems in the "CircleBand" navigation are now fixed.
Written by Jerome Granados on Friday 22 March 2013
In this Friday talk, we focus on optimization.
We rolled out a wave of optimizations mid march, in order to load your content faster in the apps.
In this video, you'll learn more about what's behind the scene and how GoodBarber is organized to help you create the most Beautiful Apps in the world ;)
Written by Lesia PIETRI on Wednesday 20 March 2013
Old Trip is one of the 50+ themes available in your GoodBarber backend. Use it as a starting point to create your Beautiful App .
Written by Mathieu Fancello on Tuesday 19 March 2013
- It's now possible to change the cell's height of the Swipe menu (Settings API)
- It's now possible to change the icon's size in the Swipe menu (Settings API)
- It's now possible to choose the color of a particular cell in the Swipe menu (Settings API)
- It's now possible to enable auto refresh in Custom / URL sections (Settings API)
- French translations added (Pull down to load more, release to load more)
- Localisation into Spanish
- It's now possible to disable playing sounds in background. This option is available in your backoffice, in Design / App options
- Bug fix : Fixed issue with the background images of selected buttons in CircleBand (Categories)
- Bug fix : Subtitles in Article / Template 2 section are now displayed correctly
- Bug fix : Subtitles in Article / Template 3 section are now displayed correctly
- Bug fix : There is now a minimum width for the CircleBand buttons (Categories)
- Bug fix : Fixed an issue when there is less than 3 items in a section with a SlideShow template
Written by Jerome Granados on Friday 15 March 2013
In this Friday talk, get to know more about the new progress bar.
The progress bar gives a visual feedback to the user when he launches the app. It tells him that data is being retrieved. This behavior occurs when it is the first time someone launches the app or when you publish an update of your app
There are 2 buttons in the backend in the publication menu : Submit and Publish.
Hitting submit will trigger our compiler to rebuilt your app. Then you'll have to upload your ipa file to Apple and wait for the review. You need to re-built your app each time you want to benefit from the new features of the Beautiful Apps Engine. We improve it every tuesday.
Hitting publish will update you app the easy way. If you add a section, you change your design, well, when you make your app evolve, no need to rebuilt it. It can be updated on the fly.
So, this is why we made the progress bar. It's here to tell the user, hey, updating is in progress. Hold on, fresh content and fresh design are coming.
Written by Mathieu Fancello on Tuesday 12 March 2013
- Add of a progress bar on the status bar when the app is updating
- Increase the frequency of checking the availability of updates to the application
- It's now possible to add a custom CSS in an Article Detail page (Settings API)
- Translation adding : the sharing mail content is now available in French
- Bug fix: It's now possible to zoom in the app web browser
- Bug fix: Correction of typos in some texts in French
- Bug fix: Fix of post comment problem in Article / WordPress sections
Written by Jerome Granados on Monday 11 March 2013
Beautiful Apps - iPhone Android - by GoodBarber . This is the title of our first iBook. It has just been published on the iBook Store.
Download it for free and you'll discover all the great features GoodBarber has to offer.
Written by Dumè Siacci on Friday 8 March 2013
Discover our new Friday Talk !
Written by Lesia PIETRI on Friday 8 March 2013
All the questions you may have before switching to GoodBarber V2.
Written by GoodBarber Team on Thursday 7 March 2013
Discover our trip to the MWC 2013!
Written by Mathieu Fancello on Wednesday 6 March 2013
Written by Mathieu Fancello on Tuesday 5 March 2013
Changelog for this Tuesday update :
- It's now possible to detach images and background colors in Detail pages (Settings API).
- Smarter display of large thumbnail in articles and videos : when the large thumbnail is not available, we use standard thumbnail.
- Two new methods in the Plugin section :
- setPreference for storing a variable in user preferences.
- getPreference for getting a variable stored in user preferences.
- iTunes outgoing links are now supported in Custom and Plugin sections.
- Bug fix : In the Plugin section, the gbViewWillAppear method is also called for main plugin view.
- Bug fix : In the Plugin section, the return type of the gbRequest's callback is now String instead of Data.
- Bug fix : Error fix in the gbRequest fail callback.
- Bug fix : when getPreference is called on a non-defined preference, the method returns an empty String instead of a null object.
- Bug fix : the artist name is now displayed correctly in SoundCloud lists.
- Bug fix : the banners in detail views ads are now clickable.
- Bug fix : the backgroung of the swipe menu is now displayed correctly.
- Bug fix : no download for some thumbnails is now fixed.
- Bug fix : Missing article (or video) in case of an odd number of items in template 3 is fixed.
Don't forget to re-build your app to apply these changes!
Written by Lesia PIETRI on Thursday 28 February 2013
Play! is one of the 50+ themes available in your GoodBarber backend. Use it as a starting point to create your Beautiful App .
Written by Jean-Mathieu Marchetti-Ettori on Thursday 28 February 2013
Early in the morning, it was time for me to go to hang around in the Hall 3, a hall in which manufacturers like Samsung, LG or Nokia have great presence. You may also find mobile actors like IBM, or T-mobile, or others that you won't necessary think about, like Ford.
The first one when you go down to that hall is Samsung, you really can't miss it, it's a really huge booth !
To deal with the desappointment generated by the non-official release of the Galaxy S4 (and yes it was really disappointing for us), Samsung puts a strong focus on their new tablet : the Galaxy Note 8.0, presented at the MWC.
The other highlight by Samsung was the Samsung Home Sync, a box that allows to share content between all Samsung devices authorized in the area.
Not so much devices news, this year is the year of Cloud ! It is the master key !
Written by Lolo GB on Wednesday 27 February 2013
Today I left the GoodBarber booth to visit others halls of the MWC. It's so large... Just spent 2 hours to visit 1 and a half hall !
What did I see? Mobile phones (of course), tablets, TVs, presentations, docking stations, beautiful hostesses, things I don't care, and many other things...
Oh... I also finally saw a 3D printer in the Nokia booth used to make phone covers. Great.
At the end I took a look at the Sony booth. It was my favorite one (I always had a soft spot for this brand...).
Stop speaking. Let's show the photos.
Written by Dumè Siacci on Wednesday 27 February 2013
Our Interview at MWC 2013.
Written by Jerome Granados on Tuesday 26 February 2013
Very busy day 2 at Mobile World Congress. Day 2 and day 3 are said to be the most intense of the event ... and, well, this is true.
We met a lot of people today : VCs, potential partners, complementary services and of course, leads :)
Not so much time to give you a feedback of what's hot in MWC2013, but we'll try tomorrow.
Written by Dumè Siacci on Monday 25 February 2013
Here we are, the Mobile World Congress began this morning.
We met a lot of interesting people today!
The team who took the boat yesterday evening from Ajaccio arrived in the late afternoon due to difficult weather conditions. But everyone is here now, and really excited!
Tomorrow, we'll take a little more time to make an entire tour of the event, and prepare more focused blog posts. We'll focus on monetization, as we met a lot of ad networks at MWC, and on new devices.
We'll try to take some more general pictures of the entire event.
To follow us out of this blog, you can find us on Flickr , on Instagram (@goodbarber ), on Twitter (@goodbarber ) and on our Facebook page :)
See you tomorrow !
Written by Dumè Siacci on Sunday 24 February 2013
Here we are! At last, we managed to get to Barcelona for the Mobile World Congress! Not an easy task, due to the bad weather :/
For this trip, we splitted our team in two. Jerome and I took the plane this morning from Ajaccio by Lyon. Sebastien, Laurent, Jim & Mathieu took the boat this evenning to Marseille, and will drive tomorrow morning to BCN.
There was snow this morning in Ajaccio, Corsica, and we were not sure that the plane could take off. The flight has been delayed more than two hours, but eventually everything went fine. We took our connecting flight in Lyon, and, we got to BCN :)
This year, the event sounds awesone, and the new venue, Fira Gran Via, is far bigger than Fira Montjuic where it took place last years.
The GoodBarber booth is awesome too! Enjoy some pictures :)
If you are heading to MWC this year, come to say hello in Hall 5, French Pavillon, Booth 5I100/55.
Written by Dumè Siacci on Friday 22 February 2013
Next week will be a big week for our team.
For the third time, we are going to the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona. It is a major event for the Mobile industry, from manufacturers to soft editors like us. It is held every year in February.
For this edition, we have decided to make it the event of the year for GoodBarber. We will lauch officially GoodBarber 2 during the event. A lot of you have helped us with their feedbacks during the beta. Time has come to publish Beautiful Apps in the stores :)
This year, we'll have a booth at the MWC. Several members of the team will be there : Jérôme , Dominique , Sébastien , Laurent , Jim and Mathieu ! Come to say hi if you are nearby. You can meet us Hall 5, Stand 5I100/55
Written by Dumè Siacci on Tuesday 19 February 2013
Written by Sergio Miranda Carvalho on Monday 18 February 2013